Corporate Governance, Legal & Human Resource Management
BDO Sierra Leone’s Legal and Corporate Secretarial services are subsumed within Lennap Services Limited.
The Managing Director, Mrs Rakiatu Tholley is an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators in the United Kingdom and has acquired a wealth of experience in company secretarial practice and related matters.
Lennap Services Limited was incorporated in 1974 to provide secretarial and other related consultancy services.
The services we provide include but are not limited to the following:
- Company set-up and registration;
- Compliance with corporate governance regulations;
- Maintenance of records – keeping the company’s statutory books and records;
- Administration of Board meetings, annual and extraordinary general meetings and Board committee meetings;
- Compliance – filing forms and other documents at the Corporate Affairs Commission in accordance with The Companies Act 2009;
- Shareholder communications – issuing circulars, dividend, notice of meetings, documentation concerning shares and other related services;
- Access to records – ensuring that eligible persons can review company records;
- Legal and corporate governance regulatory advice;
- Share administration – managing and supervising the register of members, issue of share and debenture certificates, etc;
- Security of documentation – managing the security of the company seal, share certificates and stock transfer forms, Memorandum and Articles of Association and other documents of title;
- Human resource advisory services;
- Management consultancy services;
- Property management;
- Registrar services;
- Training; and
- Compliance audit.
The Company serves a wide range of clients in terms of size and activity (including government parastatals), covering a broad spectrum of professional, commercial and industrial activities.